I've been thinking about this for a while, so I might as well start spreading the word. This year, we have a much longer lead time so as to cover the end of the northern winter and the very start of the southern autumn.
Small Scarf Virtual Exhibition (why couldn't I think of a better name??) 2009 is now on. Here are the guidelines.
*Please weave a scarf, or two, or three, approximately six to eight inches wide. By "weave", we again include loom-knitting. You are free to embellish them all you like, including felting, but the base piece must be hand-woven/loom-knit. Only scarves woven after January 1, 2009 are eligible, but if these are gifted or sold before our Exhibition opens, that's not a problem.
* Take as many as three photos of each completed scarf; this is an "exhibition" so no on-the-loom shots, please. Write a short blurb about the scarves, about you the weaver, your weaving life, and/or the person for whom the scarves were intended.
* Organize the posting, and as usual, there are two ways.
Big Gallery Track: to be included in the Big Gallery, a. k. a. my Flicker, please supply:
* Your scarves pics, preferably in JPG but other file types are ok as long as I can work with them
* Your blurb, preferably in the body of your email
* A profile pic OR a body-part/s-near-a-weaving-equipment shot if you like. (Scarf-on-the-loom shot is welcome as a profile shot if your body part/s appear/s.)
* Your name, real or virtual; state/region/province/canton/prefecture and country of residence
* Your email address, web site, or blog URL, just so folk can get in touch with you when they are so moved by your work. I'm serious! I'd like this to be an exhibition to show rather than to sell, so I don't want prices, but if someone is keen to buy your scarves, I'd be the last one to stand in their/your way.
Small Gallery Track: if you have your own weaving blog, you have the option to post the photos and the blurb on your own blog. In this case, please postdate your post so it is published on the same day as the Big Gallery, May 16, and include the link I will send you to make navigation within SSVE sites easy.
* All submissions welcome between May 1 and 15, give or take a few days on either side. Official opening of the exhibition is Saturday, May 16, New Zealand time.
* If you have weaver friends who do not have access to the Internet or digital photography, you are more than welcome to submit on their behalf, as long as you supply all relevant information/files. Actually, I encourage you.
* Having written all the above, I am becoming slightly more Kiwi, so if you do something outside these guidelines but manage to impress me, good on you!
* One of the photos from the first person to submit will be made into the Exhibition poster.
* For reference, please check SSVE08. (Sadly, Crystal's blog has been removed.)
* This particular post may be updated/amended in future; I will highlight the changes if that happens. Please check back before submission.
* Feel free to leave any suggests/questions in the comments, or to email me directly.