While weaving the second, yellow piece for Waiheke Art Gallery, I thought of using the eyelash yarns vertically. I only wanted to pin down the eyelash yarns every inch or so in two pics, and after some experimentation, I decided to have three ends in four places.
The mechanism was simple and straight-forward. As you can see, I didn't thread them, but sleyed, and every inch or so, I held down the eyelash yarns and let the shuttle travel over them.
But aesthetically, it didn't work, and since I didn't have the time to experiment some more, I wove the last two with no accents.
I thought, while photographing the sample piece this afternoon, it might have worked better had I used the other face of the draft. Or if I had kept four ends in three places like I imagined first.
Maybe next time.