Wednesday and Thursday were write-offs; I couldn't concentrate and it took me two days to write/type a dozen letters, most of them replies to Christmas cards. I did the laundry and cleaned the kitchen and that was bout it. I wanted to collage and make warp and do design work but I felt unfocused. And frustrated.
But today was a good day.
* I went to Ronette's figure drawing class and we're going to do lots of gesture drawings this term;
* I got my spiffy new glasses, (ergo the post title; apparently they were done yesterday but someone forgot to ring me!!) and these are the lightest pair I've had in all of my glasses-wearing 39 years. Bliss. My prescriptions don't change much any more, so these will suit me fine for the next, oh, at least five years;
* I ran errands, but I resisted buying small cute things several times. I'm getting better at this;
* I went to the Refinery and spoke to Vicky and Roger, (art administrators,) and Lloyd, (painter); always lovely but today an amazingly productive talk with Lloyd about making in a short time;
* I went to bookshop and helped, with two of their staff, a woman look for her car keys; the poor woman had three world's most patient boys in the car, and she couldn't find her keys late Friday afternoon; in the end it was in her purse, but she got a whole lot of sympathy from us all! And then I got to talk to Stella about our making, projects, artists needing company of other artists, etc. I love her; she's so intelligent, interesting, and lovely.
* Ben came to get me; I'd forgotten my phone at the bank, so staff there rang Ben, he picked it up, then came to get me. He knows where I am late Friday afternoons - this bookshop, or the veggie store.
The weaver is back. In all her forgetful glory!