2009, for me, was sucky year, and I won't bore you with a list of things I did do, or I had intended to do, or didn't do.
Next year, I have two big goals:
1) Enjoy my life as an artist/weaver, and live like one, doing the things artists/weavers do. Experiment more and try new things.
2) Open my wee Esty store and make it as lovely and girly as I like.
And one small goal:
3) Loose weight, exercise more, spend some time and energy on my appearance. Because it will be good for my head as well. I am getting old and am frequently spooked by the woman in shop windows looking back at me. Use it, or loose it, right?
And a few on the Wish List:
4) Set up an accounting system of some sort, finally.
5) Update my website.
6) Get my head around Esty, (hopefully before I start on my wee store,) Online Guild (UK), Hand/Eye, The Big Idea & Weavolution. Or chuck the computer out the window from our second/first (not ground) floor office and be happy!
7) Try not to plan too much ahead or make lists.
Happy 2010, Everyone! May all our warps be colorful, or nuanced, heavenly to the touch, and your tension even and obliging.
(The stained-glass lamp shade was made by my friend of 25 years, Chiaki Ohta Nakamura, in Japan. She has become a veteran stained glass artist and an almost-Yoga instructor; I hope we can get together in January.)