I wrote this list on a paper napkin at Delicious this morning. It's hilarious but hopeful.
WHAT DO I EXPECT AFTER THE RENOVATION IS OVER?
* A simple, uncluttered house.
* A lovely garden, full of flowers.
* A lovely design room with fabric-covered notebooks!!
* Lots of baking
* Lots of freshly painted/re-upholstered "stuff", inside and out.
* Bedroom with carpet, curtains and no dangerous piles of books. Maybe a bookshelf?
* NO CLUTTER!!!
Gosh, if only all these things happened automagically, life would be wonderful. Nancy says I suffer from Destination Addiction and I'm glad there is a name to this tendency I've had for as long as I can remember.
If there is anything I learned from this renovation saga, though, it's a mighty valuable one. Even if we (buy and) win Lotto, we won't build our dream home. Life is too short. Not even a folly.
Oh, the second one; ain't gonna happen. No matter how much I try, (which I did in 2000 and 2001) Nelson climate is ten steps ahead of me.